Follow by Email

Monday, 16 February 2009

Disaster overcome. Hurrah!

Well that was a learning experience. Finally I managed to complete my mould and now I'm feeling good again. The plaster from Tiranti's was perfect and is stronger than i imagined. It did exaclty what it said on the tub.
The two halves with the liberated Diable in the middle

The Back

The Front

Now for the big clean-up operation there are just a couple of air bubble defects which look manageable. This is getting exciting again, there is nothing like overcoming a disaster to boost your moralle. I'm going to take my time over the next few steps just so as I don't make any stupid mistakes. It is so easy to get carried away when things are going well.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Hurrah! What a fantastic sculpt! And in catching up here, I notice you did a great job of the armature too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (^ disasters strike to keep folk connected.

    (^ funny how they end up having such a bad reputation.

    (^ I swung over to the jim hensen corner at the EMP of late:

    wandered about a bit: studied the FAR past. like 1958 to1960 period:
    and then went home and watched "Jack And The Beanstalk: the true story" (a brian hensen written and directed movie that came out about 9 years ago)

    (^ strange how one person's skavenger is another person's thief:
    and one group's fireman is another's boogieman.

    (^ it's in the perception I gander.
    (^
    HALT! who godes there?!
    ...(^cough.. Jestme.
    BEa STLL MY HEART(h)! friend or foe?!
    (^^>....faux friend.

    ..eWE may Pass.
    (^do knot enter. donut exit. simply make the rounds.

    http://www.stopmotionmagic.com/stopmotiontalk/


    "orblies" is a funny wyrdmorph.
    I ran intuit while verifying I was human.

    (^ mind if I tell USe what yOUR spell checker claimed it meandered?

    orblies = orb lies honorablies
    orbitals obliges oubliettes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool man!

    A working mold...Big stuff happening.

    jriggity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Mayumi. It has been a long time since this project was started. I have been promoted at my employment and time has been limited, so blogging about my projects has had to take a break. I hope to share my work again someday

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete